Ahhhh love is in the air, Valentines Day is right around the corner. Now love doesn’t have to break the bank. I mean it is not about how much the gift costs, but the thought behind it right? I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to go broke trying to show my husband how much I love him and how much he means to me. For me, it has always been about the sentiment and the thought. Presents don’t have to be expensive and you shouldn’t feel like you need to spend all your savings on buying a gift for your other half. Last year, I was gifted with a photo watch, which was a really thoughtful gift to receive. One tip that I have for valentines day is to incorporate something memorable within the gift. Just like my watch, something as simple as a photo frame with a cute photo or even a photo album filled with some of of your favourite memories or even a pair of customised socks from companies like Gesicht Socken would be a good shout. I’m sure your other half will appreciate all the thought you have put into this special day. But I’m sure they will appreciate you even more than any gift you could buy them.
You could also have a look at chanel gift ideas for Valentine’s Day to get some inspiration, however, here are five clever inexpensive gifts you can give your honey for Valentines Day. I know the picture below says Christmas, but I love this pic of me and my funny valentine.
- The What I Love About You Journal- This is a cute little journal. Although I purchased it, I will not be giving it to my husband just yet. I was looking for something sweet and intimate to present to him on our 25th wedding anniversary in October of this year. This gift is economical and is perfect for a sweet token for Valentines Day. You can find it at KnockKnockstuff.com for $10.00. It even includes simple prompts to make it easy for you.
- Personalized Collar Stays- Now this is the gift I am giving William for Valentines Day! He is a sharp dresser and I love to make sure that he has his signature style, with a pop of extra pizazz. These are sure to be a favorite for him. You have these bad boy’s inscribed with whatever you like. His say I love you. W&T 25 and Big Daddy (that’s what I call him). This set of 3 comes from Personalizationmall.com hurry while they are on sale for $22.49 regularly $29.99.
- Affordable Romantic Getaway- Groupon is my jam when it comes to quick getaways. Why not book a romantic getaway through Groupon? Whether the trip is right here in the states or abroad, Groupon has some great deals I’m sure your Valentine will love!
- Romantic dinner for two- In my opinion, there is nothing like a homecooked meal. We rarely eat out as it is. This year, it is his turn to cook. I’m sure he will make something scrumptious, as William is an excellent cook. Besides, there’s no line or a long wait at home and reservations are always available.
- Redbox movie- One of my favorite things to do is just spend quality time with my husband and watch a good movie. This Valentine’s day hit up your local Redbox, rent a romantic movie and enjoy each other.
I hope this guide gave you some ideas on how you can show your Valentine a little love without breaking the bank. For more savings ideas, be sure to visit 10 Ways To Save On Valentine’s day and Unexpected Ways To Save On Valentine’s Day. What do you plan to give your significant other for Valentine’s day this year? Drop it in the comments below. Besides dinner, I wonder what he got for me, I can’t wait to see. I know one thing, he better not have gone over our gift giving budget.